Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Mixed Media

For my mixed media project, I decided to create a jar with different types of landscapes inside of it. First, I used pencil to outline the jar and then used gel to attach various pictures of landscapes that I found in magazines to the interior part of the jar. I then used black paint and  a fine tipped brush to outline the jar and add dimension to the lid. I also added color to the pictures, such as the red in the trees, or the white snow on the mountain tops. By doing this, I was able to add more value and dimensions to each part. Next, I used a chunky glitter on the sky portion, to look like stars. Initially, I wanted a finer glitter, but wasn't able to find any, so I used the chunkier glitter and I actually like the way it turned out more. After doing this, I added a pearlescent paint to the moon and the white glare, which is the same shape as the jar in white on the left side. Then, I painted the background light purple mixed with the pearlescent again so it was a little shimmery. Lastly, I put gel over the entire thing to seal it in and ensure that the magazine cut outs would not peel off. Over all, I'm very happy with the way this project turned out. It is probably one of my favorites that we did all semester and I really like the amount of freedom and flexibility we had in choosing what we wanted out project to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment